LANDMARKS

Sta. Cruz Marker
This cross was planted by a group of
Boholanos when they first landed in Dipolog
on May 3, 1905. To this day, this cross plays
a significant role in the lives of local folks.
Dipolog’s 3 Prominent Pioneers
Statue Erected in recognition of the three
Dipolog Pioneers who brought honor
and pride to the city.
P’gsalabuk Circle
The three figures symbolize the diverse
cultures prevailing in Dipolog City. Inspite
of the diversity the people are united by a
common vision and hope.
The bowl raised to the heavens is a gesture
of thanksgiving and offering to God Almighty
for the generous outpouring of graces and
blessings, bountiful harvests and sustained
peace and prosperity.
Our Lady of the Holy Rosary Cathedral
It was erected by the Spanish friars
sometime in 1895, before Dipolog City
became a municipality. The cathedral altar
was designed by Dr. Jose Rizal whose sketch
of the altar was requested by his former
professor, Fr. Jose Villaclara, a Dapitan
missionary.
Dipolog Boulevard
Primarily aimed to protect the shoreline from
the effects of the waves of the Sulu Sea, the
site has become a perfect site for
promenaders, physical buffs and
recreational activities.